Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:14+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Sort and Repack
Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank continuously receives food donations from generous donors that help keep to our shelves stocked for those in need. All of our donated food needs to be thoroughly checked before it can be processed through to our agencies.
Help us sort and categorize all of the non-perishable food items to immediately help those who are hungry! This volunteer activity involves checking dates on food, moderate lifting and walking in our warehouse. It is a fun and lively environment and great exercise too!
The comfort and safety of our volunteers is important. Due to health codes and safety reasons, a volunteer dress code is in effect.
Volunteers MUST wear:
· Closed-toed shoes (sneakers suggested)
· Shirts need to be short or long sleeved (No tank tops, spaghetti straps, sleeveless, midriff or low-cut tops)
· Pants, jeans or workout attire preferred. Shorts are okay at a respectable length. (Must be no shorter than 7” above the knee)
Please leave valuables, purses or backpacks in your vehicle for your safety and security. The Food Bank is not responsible for lost and/or stolen items brought into our facilities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: