Our mission is to feed the hungry in Baton Rouge and the surrounding parishes by providing food and educational outreach through faith-based and other community partners.
Volunteers are invaluable to the Food Bank. Without the thousands of volunteer hours each year, the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank would be unable to provide food to the many children, seniors and families facing hunger in our community. We need you!
Ways To Volunteer
- Sort Food
- Any food donated to the food bank must be sorted and categorized for distribution to agencies.
- Various Warehouse Activities
- Activities include cleaning, organizing, basic warehouse help, etc.
- Office Duties
- Basic computer tasks, filing, etc.
- Mail Outs
- Stuffing and sealing envelopes for various mail-outs.
- Barrel Buddies
- Checks and empties the food bank barrels at local sites and delivers food to the food bank.
- Special Events
- Various events throughout the year rely on help of volunteers to ensure a successful event.
Requirements to Volunteer
- The age minimum for volunteering at the Food Bank is 10 years old with a parent or guardian.
- Closed toed shoes are mandatory
Sign up today!
Click on Sign-Up / Registration on the left menu to create your account on this site. After registering, you'll be able to search and sign up for Volunteer Opportunities.