Our mission is to feed the hungry in Baton Rouge and the surrounding parishes by providing food and educational outreach through faith-based and other community partners.
Volunteers are invaluable to the Food Bank. Without the thousands of volunteer hours each year, the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank would be unable to provide food to the many children, seniors and families facing hunger in our community. We need you!
Ways To Volunteer
- Sort Food
- Any food donated to the food bank must be sorted and categorized for distribution to agencies.
- Various Warehouse Activities
- Activities include cleaning, organizing, basic warehouse help, etc.
- Office Duties
- Basic computer tasks, filing, etc.
- Mail Outs
- Stuffing and sealing envelopes for various mail-outs.
- Special Events
- Various events throughout the year rely on help of volunteers to ensure a successful event.
Requirements to Volunteer
The age minimum is 14 years old with or without a guardian for volunteer opportunities at the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank and 10 years old with a guardian. For off site volunteer opportunities, such as mobile distributions, the minimum age is 18 years old. Be sure to check out the top right corner of the volunteer opportunity to verify age limit.
- Closed toed shoes are mandatory
Sign up today!
Click on Sign-Up / Registration on the left menu to create your account on this site. After registering, you'll be able to search and sign up for Volunteer Opportunities.